Check accommodation capacity is a must when managing a website. If your hosting capacity is full, your website will also be unusable. let’s be together WordPress courses Check out 2 easy ways to check your accommodation capacity below
Presentation of the accommodation
Hosting (web hosting) is an online service. It can share, store all files related to the website such as: images, videos, source code, … via the Internet.
No website will work without hosting. So, for the website to work, the hosting can also be understood as a server with an internet connection and running 24/7.
How Hosting Works
- On the provider side: Depending on the plan you subscribe to, the hosting provider will configure these hostings for you to use. When users need to downsize or expand the hosting package, the provider will adjust these settings. The service provider will prepare the hosting server for the hosting user. By sharing the resources on the server in smaller storage spaces. This is called hosting.
- User side: Users of the Hosting upload data files to the Hosting with the same operating configuration. Then access the hosting from internet-connected devices by sending a request to the hosting IP or domain, the hosting will resend the files to you according to the corresponding access results.
Settings in hosting
- Number of domains: This is the maximum number of domains you can add to your hosting. Cheap hosting, the number of domains will be less and vice versa.
- Storage capacity: This is a parameter to measure the capacity of the hosting you buy. The higher the traffic, the stronger your website, each service plan will have a different capacity depending on your needs and financial conditions.
- HDD/SSD: These are two common types of hard drives for hosting, you should choose SSDs. Because SSD enables your website to have faster access speed than HDD. But the cost is also higher.
- Bandwidth: This is a parameter to indicate the total data download capacity of the hosting for a period of 1 month
- Uptime: This is the length of time the hosting is running continuously. The more visitors a website has, the higher its availability.
- Server Location: Location where the hosting service server is located when providing services to customers. Geographic distance is also a very important factor in determining page speed. If your website operates mainly in the country, hosting a server in Vietnam will be much more optimal than placing it abroad.
- Hosting Price: This is the factor that every customer cares about when buying hosting. When choosing to buy hosting, you need to accurately calculate the quality of service to determine the most reasonable price.
How to Check Hosting Capacity with Cpanel
What is cPanel?
cPanel is a Linux based cPanel panel manager. It provides simple and flexible GUI, automated tools and great resource. CP panel using a 3-tier structure with different management decentralization. Reseller and hosting accounts allowing end users to manage various aspects of the website and server through a standard web browser. The security and automation features of cPanel are also superior to other web hosting systems.
How to Check Hosting Capacity with Cpanel
Step 1: Log in to your hosting administrator account on cPanel. Then fill in the information correctly => Login.
- On cPanel, use English
With the interface on paper_lantern: click on Disk Usage to check the space used on the hosting → a window containing all the information on the hosting.
There are 2 folders to which we must pay the most attention:
- public_html: the directory containing the source code of the website
- MySQL: is the directory containing the site database
With the x3 interface: click on Disk Space Usage
- On cPanel, use Vietnamese
With the interface on paper_lantern: click on the folder on the computer screen “Disk Usage”. For the x3 interface: click on “Use of disk space”.
So with just 2 basic steps you can check accommodation capacity with cpanel.
How to Check Hosting Capacity with Directadmin
DirectAdmin is also a web hosting management software through the control panel. DirectAdmin provides users with features such as viewing and modifying server hardware and software settings. Although DirectAdmin aims for simplicity, convenience, speed and stability. But it still has all the necessary features for a hosting server administrator.
When using DirectAdmin, all tasks are automated. The most remarkable advantage of this software is that you can modify the files. In addition to promoting the safety and security of users. Let’s find out how check accommodation capacity with DirectAdmin below
Step 1: Log in to your Hosting Directadmin account. Then you will see Your Account in the right corner of the desktop.
2nd step: The screen will display all the accommodation capacity parameters
- Disk space (disk space): This is the maximum total data stored on the hosting. The larger the disk storage capacity, the more data can be stored.
- Bandwidth: total number of data transferred via the hosting in 1 month. Including uploading and downloading, mostly uploading.
- Emails: the maximum number of emails per domain that can be used. However, with shared hosting, the use of email is not very optimal. If you use email a lot, sign up for Email Hosting.
- FTP account: the number of the FTP account you are using
- Databases: number of databases used
- Inodes: The Inodes index is calculated by the total number of files and folders
To see how much you have used, you can look at the 2 columns Used and Max. Where Used is the bitrate you used and Max is the maximum bitrate you can use.
So we learned 2 ways together check accommodation capacity through Cpanel and DirectAdmin. Learn more about WordPress Tips Discover our next articles.