In a WordPress website, the category is the category. Categories have the task of classifying and grouping content related to the same subject. Today let’s join WordPress Tips Learn how to create categories in WordPress.
What are categories?
In WordPress, category means category. Categories have the task of classifying and grouping content related to the same subject.
Categories are hierarchical, so you can create one or more category subcategories to make it easier for users to find the right content; what I do best and which interests me totally. The category should be placed at the top of the web page; then create article content for each associated category.
How to Create a Category in WordPress
Categories in WordPress are used to categorize similar items and content into a group, which is a great way to organize and categorize posts. Not create a category in wordpress as following:
Step 1: In WordPress, click on Posts => Categories.
2nd step: The screen will display the Category page as shown below.
- Name: Enter a name for the category.
- Slug: Choose a word to describe your message, specified in the URL tag.
- Root: By selecting a parent category from the drop-down menu. You can set a specific category as a subcategory or leave the default None.
- Description: Add a short description, with or without your category.
Step 3: After filling in all the information on the Directory page. You click on the Add a new category button to create categories in wordpress.
Step 4: After clicking on the Add New Category button, the newly created category will appear on the right corner of the page as shown below.
Add items to category
when you have create a category in wordpress, you can add items to the category. There are two ways to do this:
- The first way to do this is to open a specific post and check the category you want to assign the post to.
- The second method is to bulk add items to a category. To do this, go to Messages -> All messages. Next, select the items you want to add to the category, select Edit, and press the Apply button.
- Several options will appear, allowing you to change various settings of the selected posts. One of them is the Category section. Select the category you want to add these posts to and click the Update button.
See more : Instructions for customizing the newsfeed in the WordPress admin
So we learned together how Create a Category in WordPress. Stay tuned for our next articles to learn more WordPress Tips useful